I learned something new this week!
That’s right, it’s Tunisian crochet! I’ll be adding more videos later, so stop by my new YouTube channel and subscribe!
I went to JOANN, bought a Tunisian hook, and immediately started hooking away. It’s a simple new skill, and the fabric it makes is pretty impressive. It does create very dense stitches, so I recommend using light yarn if you’re keen to get a nice drape.
The reason why I needed to learn the Tunisian Knit Stitch? I don’t know if I can knit anymore. It just hurts my hands so much! I have all of these knit projects planned for Fall and Winter, and they’re going to either be scrapped or turned into Tunisian crochet WIPs if I can’t find a knitting grip that works for me soon. I may try continental knitting since it looks like I will move my hands less in that position. If you have any suggestions for things I can do to beat the pain – let me know in the comments!
WEEKLY WIPS LIST
- Combination House Scarf (tentative name for a tunisian crochet scarf I’m making for my house, Ravenpuff)
- Angular Shawl (tentative name for a shawl made up of a bunch of triangles)
- Drifter Vest (pattern by Taylor Lynn Crochet)
- Simple Knit Sweater (pattern by Sewrella)
- Unnamed Summer Knit Tee (pattern by me)